This vegan bowl is packed to the brim with delicious and healthy ingredients, carefully selected for the best taste combinations. You won't believe how good it is until you try it.
- For the chickpeas and veggies -
- 1 x can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plenty of black pepper
- For the quinoa -
- 100g quinoa
- Dried herbs, salt and black pepper
- For the dressing -
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hot water (to thin out)
- Black pepper
- Extras -
- 2 large handfuls kale, shredded
- 4 tablespoons Fragata Stoneless Hojiblanca Green Olives, drained and halved
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Start with the chickpeas and veggies: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Drizzle a baking tin with olive oil and throw in the drained chickpeas, sweet potato and butternut squash chunks. Sprinkle over the paprika, cinnamon and black pepper and stir well to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large ban of water to the boil. Drain your quinoa then add to the boiling water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes (or until packet instructions), then drain.
- Arrange the shredded kale on two large bowls (or plates). Spoon some of the quinoa on top, then top with a generous portion of the roasted chickpeas and veggies. Scatter over the olives and pumpkin seeds between the two bowls/plates.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients then drizzle a little over each. Now dig in!