Take your bruschetta to the next level with this delicious combination of beetroot, Fragata olives and tomato. A perfect everyday snack or impressive dinner party starter.
- 2 cooked baby beetroots
- 1/4 cucumber
- Handful baby plum tomatoes
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Slices sourdough bread
- Fresh basil
- 1 pack Fragata pitted olives with sea salt
- Slice the beetroot, olives, cucumber and tomatoes into chunks and toss together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and give everything a thorough mix.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and bring the heat to medium-high.
- Toast off either side of the bread until golden and crisp.
- Top the slices of bread with the olive & beetroot mixture.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and garnish with some extra black pepper and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe by Charley's Health