An easy make tart for your sweet-heart! This heart-shaped puff pastry tart is topped with Fragata Pimiento Piquillo Peppers and a selection of your favourite Fragata olives.
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 3tbsp goat cheese, spreadable
- 2tbsp pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ½ x 230g jar Fragata Pimiento Piquillo peppers
- ½ x 120g pouch of Fragata marinated stoneless olives with garlic and thyme
- ½ x 120g pouch of Fragata marinated stoneless olives with sea salt
- 1 egg yolk, to glaze
- Before starting draw on a piece of paper (approximately big as the puff pastry sheet) a heart shape then cut it out.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan
- Unroll the pastry on a baking sheet, place the heart template on it and cut it out using a sharp knife or a pizza wheel cutter.
- Using the back of a knife score a border about 1 cm from the edge.
- Prick the middle area with a fork all over.
- Spread the goat cheese then the pesto on the pricked area.
- Arrange the tomato slices.
- Top with the Pimiento Piquillo peppers cut into stripes and with the olives.
- Brush the border of the tart with the beaten yolk.
- Bake into the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the border is golden and puffed.
Recipe by My Foodie Days