Dust off your baking apron for these savoury muffins, a Fragata twist on your standard cheesy favourite. They dress up as a delightful party piece, or are an equally suitable everyday snack!
- 3 tablespoons Fragata Green Olives Filled with Garlic, halved
- 3 tablespoons Fragata Stoneless Hojiblanca Black Olives, halved
- 25g instant polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- Black pepper and salt
- 100g plain flour (can be gluten-free)
- 25g chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 200ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 teaspoons Dukkah (mixture of seeds, nuts and spices), sprinkled on top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, polenta, baking powder, herbs, spices and seasoning plus most of the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta (leave some for decoration).
- Whisk together the milk, egg and olive oil, then pour into the dry ingredients to combine.
- Divide between the muffin holes to reach the top, then decorate with the reserved olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle the Dukkah over each.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack and serve.