You can’t go wrong with a good pasta dish and certainly not where Fragata Piquillo Pepper Filled Olives are involved. Impress your friends with this delightful dish, full of flavour without hours of effort.
- Small handful of Fragata Stoneless Manzanilla Olives Filled with Piquillo Pepper (approximately 7)
- 1 small red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Large handful vine plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil
- 2 servings buckwheat tagliatelle or other pasta of choice
- Handful fresh spinach
- Dice the onion into small pieces and peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a frying pan, heat a two of olive oil over medium heat and add in the onions. Sauté these until softened, then add the crushed garlic and
cook until fragrant.
- Slice the courgette into semicircle shaped slices and cook these in with the onion and garlic mixture along with the tomatoes. Slice the olives into halves and stir these through the veggies with a good seasoning of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat slightly and leave to cook through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once the tomatoes have all begun to burst, releasing all of their wonderful juices, tear up the fresh basil leaves and stir through with the
spinach. Adjust any seasonings to taste.
- When your pasta is cooked through, transfer this to the pan with the sauce, saving a little of the pasta water for later.
- Drizzle over the extra tbsp of olive oil and a few spoonfuls of the leftover pasta water and toss everything together.
- Serve with some extra basil and black pepper to garnish and fresh parmesan if you desire.
Recipe by Charley's Health