Add some Christmas cheer to your buffet table with this fun snowman made from salmon mousse, Fragata Olives and Peppers Pimiento Piquillo.
- 120g smoked salmon slices plus a 1cm piece for the snowman nose
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 520g cream cheese
- 80g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2tbsp chives, chopped
- 1x230g jar Pimiento Piquillo pepper
- 1x450g jar Fragata olives filled with Pimiento
- 1x450 jar Fragata black Hojiblanca olives
- 2 rosemary twigs, needles removed
- Chop the smoked salmon very thinly.
- In a big bowl, mix the ricotta cheese (well drained from its water), the cream cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the chopped salmon and chives, mix well again using a rubber spatula until you have a smooth mixture.
- Brush with water 2 different dome shaped bowls: one approximately 12cm in diameter and one 7-8 cm. Line the inside with clingfilm.
- Fill each bowl with the mousse, pressing well. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn the bowls upside down on a plate, the big one for the snowman body and the small one for the head.
- Remove the clingfilm and start decorating the snowman.
- Slice in half some Pimiento filled olives and use them for the snowman’s buttons.
- Use 1 black olive halved for the eyes. Cut 1 Pimiento Piquillo pepper into strips and use to make the snowman’s scarf. Slice 1 black olive lengthways and create the mouth using 2 thin slices. Use the 2 rosemary twigs to make the arms.
- Serve with biscuit or toasted bread.
Recipe by My Foodie Days