Take a taste adventure to the wonderful Sicily with this delicious grilled olives recipe. Prepared using Fragata Olives filled with anchovy and Fragata Olives filled with garlic, they’re super easy but full of flavour.
- 200g Can Fragata Stoneless Manzanilla Olives Filled With Garlic (85g drained)
- 200g Can Fragata Stoneless Manzanilla Olives Filled With Anchovy (85g drained)
- 2 tbsp Dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 1 zest and juice of a lemon
- Sprinkle of cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- *Replace with 75g Fragata Stoneless Manzanilla Olives Filled with Anchovy - Reduced Salt (for a healthier alternative.)
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting and line a non-stick tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together except for the extra virgin olive oil.
- Put the olives under the grill for 8-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them so that they don't burn. You will need to turn them during the cooking process to make sure they are evenly cooked.
- Once the olives begin to soften and turn brown they are cooked.
- Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Recipe by Celery and Cupcakes