- 1 pack Fragata pitted olives with sea salt
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 servings pasta of choice- use GF if needed
- 2 heaped Tbsp pesto
- Olive oil for cooking
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes optional
- 150g firm tofu
- Dash of mixed herbs
- 1 large clove garlic
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add these into a frying pan over medium- high heat and cook until nice and crisp on the outside. Transfer these into a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and add these into the pan, along with a slight drizzle of olive oil and the olives.
- Crush in the garlic clove and sauté these over medium-high heat until beautifully golden and fragrant.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add in the tofu and season everything to taste with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water, reserving a little behind.
- Add the pasta into the veggies and stir through the pesto and chilli flakes if using.
- Feel free to pour in some of the extra pasta water to help everything mxi together and prevent the dish becoming too dry.
Recipe by Charleys Health